Job Title: Audiologist IM
Location: Audiology/Cardiology and Rehabilitative Services, Central Newfoundland Regional Health Centre, Grand Falls - Windsor
Definition of Work:
Central Health is presently seeking the services of an Audiologist to be part of our team of 8 Speech Language Pathologists and 4 Audiologists serving a population of approximately 112,000. This position offers an excellent opportunity to apply and develop skills while providing a variety of audiological services to persons of all ages with concerns of hearing and auditory function. Both diagnostic and rehabilitation services are provided, including a Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Program and hearing aid dispensing through the Provincial Hearing Aid Program.
The Audiologist will be required to provide information to patients and families regarding the nature, extent and implications of hearing loss and treatment, diagnose and evaluate the degree and type of hearing impairment, develop and administer audiometric tests and examinations, establish personalized care plans working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and, plan and implement habilitation/rehabilitation programs
Members of the Department of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology are from various areas of Newfoundland and mainland Canada and abroad enjoy working in this team-based, client-focused, professional environment, which is both supportive and stimulating. The successful candidate will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
- Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree in Audiology from a recognized university and be able to supply documentation of courses and clinical practice hours upon request.
- An independent review of credentials may be required for international candidates.
- Must be licensed with the Newfoundland and Labrador Council of Health Professionals and registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists – Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Must be eligible for CASLPA certification.
- Regional travel will be required.
- Must be willing to participate in a flexible work schedule.
- Use of a private vehicle and valid driver’s license is a condition of employment.
- Work experience is an asset.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
- A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
Hours of Work:
75 hours biweekly-Shift work may be required
[The pay scale has a 3-step progression, for every 1950 hours worked you would progress to the next step]
Open Until Filled
Melanie Dawe – firstname.lastname@example.org
Group insurance benefits, including medical, vision care and dental, life insurance, pension plan benefits
Interested applicants are asked to apply on this position through eRecruit. Only applications received through eRecruit will be processed. The link to eRecruit is: https://employment.centralhealth.nl.ca/
Business Address: Central Regional Health Authority, 50 Union Street, Grand Falls-Windsor, NL A2A 2E1