Assistive Devices Resource Service (ADRS)
Permanent Full Time
37.5 hours per week
Current Location: South Millway Site
Future Site: Brampton Site
ErinoakKids is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a permanent position as a Speech- Language Pathologist with the Assistive Devices Resource Service (ADRS) based out of the South Millway site. The Speech-Language Pathologist is part of a team that supports the provision of assistive technology for Face to Face communication for our clients.
- Provide assessment of functional communication needs for clients who present with a broad range of communication disorders.
- Recommend and prescribe appropriate assistive technology.
- Manage an assigned case load and contribute to the quality of care to clients through adherence to the professional standards of the College of Audiologists and Speech- Language Pathologists.
- Support client families by providing individual and group training and resources to parents that will support the development of communication skills at home.
- Maintain regular contact with client families and keep them informed of treatment plans.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology;
- Two years of clinical experience working with children with special needs preferred;
- Individual Authorizer status required;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Well-developed clinical skills in speech, language and AAC
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO);
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume no later than October 5th, 2017
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.