Speech Language Pathologist (Several Positions Available)
City of Kawartha Lakes OR Northumberland OR Peterborough
Permanent - may be required to work weekends & evenings.
35 hours/week (1.0 FTE) – ability to flex work hours in order to work evenings
and Saturdays as required
July 16, 2021
July 30, 2021
We are in the process of hiring several permanent Speech Language Pathologists in order to enhance the services we provide within the communities we serve.
We invite applicants to apply for the location or locations of their choice by sending their cover letter and resume to by end of day July 30, 2021. Please indicate in your cover letter which location(s) you prefer and include the file number above.
- Provide both in-centre and school based rehabilitation services
- Provide assessment, training and consultation for clients with therapy needs
- Provide consultation, training and/or education to caregivers and other professionals
- Participate as a member of the discipline, clinical multidisciplinary and resource committees to promote quality service for children
- Authorize low tech equipment through the Communication Aides category of the Assistive Devices Program of the Ministry of Health
- Assessment and reassessment of clients with speech, language, feeding, fluency, nasality and/or voice therapy
- Provide service plan for client care (including training, recommendations and discharge) in consultation with the client's caregiving team (including family, primary therapists, school and other agencies)
- Lead facilitator training workshops
- Maintain knowledge of current practices/equipment in the field of speech language pathology
- Comply with relevant Centre statistical, clinical and administrative reporting requirements in a timely manner
- Participate in departmental staff meetings/committees as required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Speech Language Pathology
- Registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario
- Paediatric, in-centre and school-based rehabilitation service experience preferred
- Ability to read and speak French is an asset
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with FCCC staff and with other professionals in the community
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to travel is required
- Must be willing to work some evenings and Saturdays, as required
- Flexible work scheduling is required
Interested applicants should e-mail their resume and cover letter quoting the file number in the subject line to by the closing date.
Five Counties Children’s Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accessibility accommodations, appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through the process.