Speech Language Pathologist, Audiology\Speech Pathology
Regular Part-Time (0.8 FTE); Days
$39.54-$48.38 per hour
OPSEU 442 Non-Central
Hotel Dieu Hospital site
The Speech Language Pathologist provides services in a manner consistent with KHSC (HDH Site) Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario; functions primarily to assess, diagnose and treat persons with communication and swallowing disorders: works independently or in consultation with other professionals in providing assessment and a wide range of interventions to preschool children with speech and language delays/disorders. Participation in teaching including mentoring new staff, students and teaching other health professionals is part of the role. Continuing education and professional practice activities are expected.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Registration in College of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Current Criminal Reference Check (CRC) that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search administered by Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
- BCLS certification at the Health Care Provider level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven good attendance
- 1-2 years’ experience providing preschool speech/language
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French preferred
- Familiarity with children with developmental delays preferred
- Program planning and case management skills preferred
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.
Please visit the following link to apply