Registered Speech-Language Pathologist (0.7 FTE, salary)
New Heights School & Learning Services runs a unique specialized program tailored to preschool and school age children with autism spectrum disorder, or have similar learning differences. New Heights Home & Community Support (HCS) is a play-based program that utilizes the strengths and interests of each child to address developmental goals. The focus of HCS program is on services to children age 2.5 - 7 years.
HCS is currently looking for one part-time (0.7 FTE, approximately 26.5 hours/week) Speech-Language Pathologist to provide services for families throughout the city. This position will include providing intervention and consultation services in families' homes and in the community, which means there will be significant daily time on the road. A love for driving would be a definite asset.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a flexible team member with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- hold professional registration with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA)
- have current professional liability insurance
- have experience working with children with autism spectrum disorders and their families
- have their own vehicle and be comfortable with daily driving
- be independent with scheduling a caseload of 20-24 families (typically two sessions per family each month)
- be available to work weekdays between 8:30-6:00 (fit your work hours in within that timeframe as we do not run on weeknights or weekends)
- enjoy playing and value wellness
What we offer:
- flexible schedule
- vacation time, sick time, family sick time
- comprehensive benefits package plus health spending account (completely covered by New Heights)
- paid mileage
- access to professional development funds
- a team of fun and caring staff
- a culture that values work-life balance, as well as personal and professional growth
Resumes will be received until a suitable candidate is found. Start date is available immediately.
For more information or to submit your resume and cover letter please contact: Betty Heung at email@example.com. All applicant submissions are appreciated, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.