Speech Language Pathologists
Full Time, Part Time & Casual, Smithers and Prince George
Northern Health is accepting applications for Speech Language Pathologists for Prince George and Smithers.
Who We Are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What You Can Expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
As Speech Language Pathologist you are responsible for the delivery of speech and language services to the population that the incumbent serves. Responsibilities include providing clinical speech language services to the birth to Kindergarten entry population group (with limited services to adults), as well as consultative and educational services to educators, professionals and the community.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Addressing families’ communication needs and priorities.
- Using screening criteria to identify individuals with potential communication disorders for further assessment.
- Diagnostic assessment of referred clients in order to determine the nature and severity of a communication disorder.
- In collaboration with families, implementing an appropriate intervention plan which considers type, frequency, location and anticipated duration of speech-language services, and which is able to accommodate changing needs and priorities. This involves the establishment of realistic goals and objectives.
- Master’s degree in Speech Pathology from a recognized university program.
- Must be licensed to practice by the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of B.C.
- One (1) year clinically related experience
- Current valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s license required and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.
To apply for a position or to find out more information: send your resume to