Speech Language Pathologist - Lead Therapist (Full-Time)
Symbiosis Pediatric Therapy Inc. is a well-established private therapy practice that provides multi-disciplinary services (Behavior Consultancy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language therapy, Behavior Intervention etc.) primarily to children between 0-16 years of age in the Greater Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada. Our Multi-Disciplinary team provides services including assessment, consultation, and treatment for children with a range of disabilities, in collaboration with families and community partners in a variety of settings including clinics and schools.
We are currently looking for an experienced Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) who can lead our team as a clinical leader. The Lead Speech Language Pathologist will provide the leadership, management, and implement steps necessary for the proper operational control to effectively grow the team of Speech Therapists and to ensure the operational efficiency.
Whether you are currently in a managerial role or you are simply looking to start practicing more leadership skills, this might be a great opportunity. Some clinical experience will be an asset, but we are mostly looking for someone whose 50% caseload will be direct clinical work and the other 50% can be dedicated to supervising other SLPs and Therapy Assistants.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC.
- Related clinical experience in Pediatrics and some leadership skills will be an asset.
- Work with clients and their families to set Speech-Language goals which have targeted and measurable outcomes
- Provide indirect service as in supervision to other SLP team members, coordinating with families and liaising with the community providers
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and demonstrate excellent management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize research to establish and support evidence-based practice
- Provision of school consultations to teachers as and when needed
Interested applicants, please email your application and CV (including your expected remuneration) to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. This posting is open until filled.