The Canadian Academy of Health Sciences is conducting an assessment on autism which will be used by policy makers to inform the development of a National Autism Strategy. An important part of the assessment process is gathering input from organizations that serve Autistic people, families or other supporters such as service providers and educators.
These community conversations will take place in Ontario via Zoom on:
- Tuesday, June 1 at 6:30 pm ET, Pan-Canadian
- Friday, June 4 at 2:30 pm ET, Pan-Canadian
- Saturday, June 5 at 2:30 pm ET, for those in Quebec
There are also a number of community conversations listed for other specific audiences that may be of interest to you or the people you serve. The conversations will explore two key questions:
- How can services and programs better meet the needs of Autistic people?
- How can we promote inclusion of Autistic people?
The CAHS is also seeking direct input from Autistic adults, family members and other supporters including service providers, educators and volunteers. They have created an online engagement hub that allows individuals to share their views by taking a survey or participating in discussion forums. The engagement hub is open until June 14, 2021.